Missing Poster is a software tool to assist Search and Rescue, police and other agencies to create and distribute missing person posters in a standardized format.
You can use this software to create a missing poster for someone who is lost or missing.
It was created over a period of three days after I participated in a large search for a missing woman near Vancouver, British Columbia. I saw a SAR member putting together a missing person poster using Microsoft Paint and I thought that there should be a better way.
This tool prompts the user for the pertinent information, gives an easy way to import the photo, and can create the missing person photo in a variety of file formats. If the information changes, it can be edited easily.
- It's free to use, modify and redistribute.
- Can be installed or run off a portable hard drive or USB stick
- Works online or offline.
- Reports can be customized to fit your requirements.
- Fields are mostly free text to be flexible for data entry
- Posters can be saved, loaded, and edited as new information is discovered
- Dealing with images is simplified, and printing is easy.
- Exports to a number of standard formats for posting to social media, posting online and email
The user interface
An example of the output